[xep-support] Embedding PDF and PDF versions supported

From: Benoit Maisonny <benoit@synclude.com>
Date: Thu Nov 04 2010 - 09:06:14 PST

Hi RenderX,

I have PDF 1.6 files that are not accepted by XEP 4.11 as external graphics.
XEP complains with an informative "Failed to create image file:/xxx.pdf of
type null". Granted, this is not the latest XEP version, but reading the XEP
User Guide, I see that only PDF 1.3 is supported: see [1]. I've seen PDF 1.4
files being embedded without trouble, though. Also a message [2] on the
support list, dated in 2005, indicates that PDF 1.4 is supported.

What is the latest PDF version is supported in the latest XEP version? (and
please update the User Guide if needed)

When can we expect support for PDF 1.7? Or even 1.6 (published 5 years ago)?

Thanks,
Benoit

[1] http://www.renderx.com/reference.html#PDF
[2] http://services.renderx.com/lists/xep-support/3571.html