Re: AW: [xep-support] ENABLE_ACCESSIBILITY resulting in huge file...

From: Michael Sulyaev <msulyaev@renderx.com>
Date: Thu Sep 16 2010 - 06:26:43 PDT

On 09/15/2010 07:49 PM, Kirch Fritz wrote:
> Dear XEP-support,
>
> Instead of setting the ENABLE_ACCESSIBILITY option in xep.xml to “true”,
>
> I want to set ENABLE_ACCESSIBILITY at runtime with my XSLT-Stylesheet.
>
> How can I do this?
>
> Do you have an example?

Hello Friedrich,

This is a core option and it affects the formatting stage as well as PDF
generation: xpath values required for making tagged PDF are to be set
early in the workflow.

As any other XEP core option, it may only be set during instantiation of
XEP, that is, via xep.xml or via the API. It may not be changed later.
Consider that one instance of XEP may be used in multiple threads
concurrently. Thus, it may not be set from an FO file (I suppose that's
what you meant by "at runtime with my XSLT-Stylesheet").

Depending on the way you use XEP, you may consider creating two
instances of XEP (with and without this option), and choosing one to use
at runtime, selecting by something inside FO (set by XSLT), e.g. by a
custom PI.

Regards,
Michael Sulyaev