[xep-support] Footnote rendering in parallel / dual language documents

From: <triangle@boltblue.com>
Date: Wed May 26 2010 - 04:43:28 PDT

Hi,
I have dual language text that I need to render side-by-side on the same pages.
Almost all of the blocks of text need to be vertically aligned, and some text spans
both languages.
I've managed to vertically-align my blocks of text by converting the data into a
two-column table.

This works fine until it comes to footnotes.

Applying XEP's @footnote-column-count="2" i got dual column footnotes, but they seem
to appear randomly; all footnotes in the reverse columns, or alternate languages in
each column - there's no discernible logic
What I would like to know is: is there a way of controlling my footnotes so that they
render under the appropriate language / column, and if so, how?
Any previous experiences in this area gratefully received, whether it's good news or bad.

Thanks
chris