AW: [xep-support] long table turned 90 deg

From: Szabo, Patrick \(LNG-VIE\) <patrick.szabo@lexisnexis.at>
Date: Sun May 02 2010 - 23:58:28 PDT

Thx, i will take a look at PSMI !

regards

Patrick Szabo
 XSLT-Entwickler

Tel.: +43 (1) 534 52 - 1573
Fax: +43 (1) 534 52 - 146

Patrick.Szabo@lexisnexis.at

LexisNexis Verlag ARD Orac GmbH & Co KG
Marxergasse 25, 1030 Wien
FN 8333f, Handelsgericht Wien
http://www.lexisnexis.at/

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----

Von: owner-xep-support@renderx.com [mailto:owner-xep-support@renderx.com] Im Auftrag von Bob Stayton
Gesendet: Freitag, 30. April 2010 16:53
An: xep-support@renderx.com
Betreff: Re: [xep-support] long table turned 90 deg

He means to create new fo:simple-page-master elements with reference-orientation="90"
on the fo:region-body in it. Then you create a new fo:page-sequence-master from the
simple-page-masters, and apply this landscape page master by putting its name in the
master-reference property of the fo:page-sequence for the table.

The problem with doing this is that you cannot put a fo:page-sequence inside an
fo:page-sequence. Typically a table occurs inside a chapter or section that has a
fo:page-sequence. You have to terminate that page-sequence before the table, run the
landscape table page-sequence, and then start a new regular page-sequence for the
content after the table. That's a job for PSMI.

PSMI (http://www.cranesoftwrights.com/resources/psmi/index.htm) is Page Sequence
Master Interleave written by Ken Holman to automate that process of breaking up a
page sequence to accomodate landscape items. I use it regularly for this purpose.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net