Re: [xep-support] Calling from servlet not working as expected.

From: <SPatra@eagle.org>
Date: Wed Jul 29 2009 - 15:46:01 PDT

Jirka,

I have already tried this and no success though.

I am evaluating for my company requirements and probably once we are
success through, my company may like to get some consultation when needed
while purchasing and impementing this solution.

Thanks for your advice.

Regards,

Santosh
281-877-6277

Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
07/29/2009 05:00 PM

SPatra@eagle.org
cc
kevin@renderx.com, xep-support <xep-support@renderx.com>
Subject

SPatra@eagle.org wrote:

> Are you sure that servlet has access to xep.xml, fonts and other
> configuration files? They are typically stored in WAR in WEB-INF/classes

> and you have to point formatter in your server to proper resource in
WAR.

> Based on my above explanations, if you can suggest how should I go ahead

> with keeping xep.xml, fonts and other configuration files in classpath.

What I do in my code is the following:

 FOTransformer fot = null;
        formatter = new FormatterImpl(new
StreamSource(FormatterServlet.class.getClassLoader().getResource("xep/xep.xml").toString()));
        target = new com.renderx.xep.FOTarget(result, "PDF");
        fot = new FOTransformer(transformer, formatter);
        fot.transform(inputDoc, target);
        result.flush();
        formatter.cleanup();

And I have xep.xml located in WEB-INF/classes/xep inside WAR. In this
directory inside WAR I have also other configuration files like
license.xml, hyphnenation patterns and fonts, all are relatively
referenced from withing xep.xml. This way XEP is completely
self-contained inside WAR and you don't have to separately install XEP
into application server. You just deploy WAR file and that is.

> May be a conference call tomorrow (please let me know, your comfortable
> time. I work in CST.) would help me understand it better and work with.

Well, as you can see in my signature I'm providing consulting services.
If you are interested in such possibility, please contact me off-list.

                                                                 Jirka