[xep-support] Any interest in discussions such as this

From: Kevin Brown <kevin@renderx.com>
Date: Wed May 27 2009 - 14:18:53 PDT

Recently, we created a solution for a customer that tackled some limitations
in XSL FO to produce very specialized headers in a document. It allowed for
a special case to mimic markers but display them differently depending on
page occurrence(s).

This was accomplished through creating XEP intermediate format for a main
document, reading some locations from that document (using XSL) and
producing a secondary XEP intermediate format file. These two XEP
intermediate files were combined (also with XSL) to produce a final
document.

A similar solution was used also at a TextBook company to create two column
flows that represent exercises, placing them on two column pages with
different size characteristics and straddling only one column and the open
left margin.

Question for the group at xep-support is, are folks interested in RenderX
presenting interesting challenges like this along with their solutions as
information? If so, would you like them here or through some alternate
means?

Feel free to discuss with me directly or here and we'll see what folks say.
If there is enough interest and not any objections, we'll make some
recommendations for a solutions forum where such things can be discussed.

Kevin Brown
kevin@renderx.com
RenderX Inc.