Re: [xep-support] Changebars - misleading warning

From: Michael Sulyaev <msulyaev@renderx.com>
Date: Thu Apr 23 2009 - 01:07:04 PDT

Jan To¹ovskı wrote:
>> I believe you have a begin in the header, and an end outside of the
>> header. Is this correct? I'd appreciate a short example.
>
> No, start and end elements are in the same cell. From my point of
> view problem is in changebar class, which is not unique if headers
> are repeated (cloned) to other pages. XEP is probably trying to find
> the most distant pair of elements with the same class, but this is no
> way how to get corresponding pairs.

Hello Jan,

Please send a sample file to support@renderx.com.

Changebar class is not expected to be unique. According to the spec,
pairing of begins and ends is performed for each class independently.
Within the same class begins and ends create a tree structure: nesting
is allowed, but overlapping is not.

XEP is not trying to find the most distant end for a given begin, nor it
tries to find the nearest one: it keeps a stack of open begins and pops
on end. It also forks open begins on out-of-flow elements.

> But as I said, this is cosmetic issue only. PDF is fine.
This is potentially dangerous. A spare 'end' is discarded, but a spare
'begin' remains on the stack till the end of the document and is
expected to draw a change line down the end of the document (all
according to the spec).

Please do send a sample file.

Regards,
Michael Sulyaev