Re: [xep-support] Re: JRE change produces different result (?)

From: Earl Hood <earl@earlhood.com>
Date: Thu Apr 16 2009 - 08:04:24 PDT

On Thu, Apr 16, 2009 at 2:22 AM, Mark Cilia Vincenti
<markciliavincenti@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone got an answer to the below please? I'm sure a number of you
> experimented with different JREs :)

One thing you can try is running XEP so it generates its intermediate
XML format. I think this can be with the -xep option.

Do it for each JRE and diff the results to see if there is anything
different. This way you will know if XEP itself does anything differently
from a formatting perspective.

If you have Adobe Acrobat, you can use its diff capabilities to
see if the PDFs themselves have any visual differences.

Knowing what the real differences are in the file data will probably
require knowledge of how PDF files are structured.

--ewh