Re: [xep-support] Page contents do not protrode onto bleed

From: Robert Goldsmith <robert.goldsmith@spgroup.co.uk>
Date: Thu Nov 20 2008 - 08:22:12 PST

Hi :)

I can understand the exact problem I think Mark has here and it's
something I am interested in knowing the answer for as I suspect it
will be very useful to me in the near future as well.

When printing and trimming it is usual to stretch the artwork past the
edge of the final canvas size so that when you trim you can guarantee
not to see the white substrate at the edge (given the tolerances on
many guillotines leave much to be desired). For this to work, XEP
must have the ability to overflow the edge of the final artwork with a
bleed of the same colour as the background or, more usefully, allow
the placement of anything you want outside the crop box of the pdf (so
you can place images, vector graphics etc. over the crop edge).
Generally we need about a 2 or 3mm bleed on each edge.

Robert

On 20 Nov 2008, at 15:54, Alexei Gagarinov wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
>> I have set the page background to red and all that xep-pdf-bleed is
>> doing is set a white border between the page and the crop marks. If
>> the page protrudes onto the bleed (i.e. the bleed is filled in with
>> the actual page) it would solve my problems.
>
> The 'bleed' processing instruction defines an extra bleed area. This
> extra area is needed to accommodate the physical limitations of
> cutting,
> folding, and trimming equipment.
>
> I can admit that the background of this extra bleed should be the
> same as the content background.
> But now the background of the extra-bleed region is always white in
> XEP.
>
> BTW, what a problem are trying to solve?
>
> Regards,
> Alexey Gagarinov
> RenderX.

> support'
> (*) By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of
> Service http://www.renderx.com/terms-of-service.html

---
Robert Goldsmith
Systems Integrator
SP Group
"Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail"
IMPORTANT - this email and the information that it contains may be
confidential, legally privileged and/or protected by law.  It is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose,
or store or copy the information in any medium (including by printing it out.
Please also delete all copies of this email and any attachments from your
system and shred any printed copies.
We do not accept any liability for losses or damages that you may suffer
as a result of your receipt of this email including but not limited to
computer service or system failure, access delays or interruption, data
non-delivery or mis-delivery, computer viruses or other harmful components.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the SP Group.
Copyright in this email and any attachments belongs to the SP Group the sender or
its licensors.