[xep-support] Page contents do not protrode onto bleed

From: Mark Cilia Vincenti <markciliavincenti@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Nov 19 2008 - 06:58:47 PST

Hi,

According to the XEP reference,

<?xep-pdf-bleed value?>
These processing instructions specify the bleeds — an extra space
around the page area
into which the contents of the page may protrude (/BleedBox entry in
the PDF page dictionary).

I set these processing instructions:

<xsl:processing-instruction
name="xep-pdf-crop-mark-width">0.2mm</xsl:processing-instruction>
<xsl:processing-instruction
name="xep-pdf-crop-offset">14mm</xsl:processing-instruction>
<xsl:processing-instruction
name="xep-pdf-bleed">2mm</xsl:processing-instruction>
<xsl:processing-instruction
name="xep-pdf-bleed-mark-width">0.2mm</xsl:processing-instruction>

I have set the page background to red and all that xep-pdf-bleed is
doing is set a white border between the page and the crop marks. If
the page protrudes onto the bleed (i.e. the bleed is filled in with
the actual page) it would solve my problems.

Is this an XEP bug or am I doing something incorrectly?