Re: [xep-support] Re: [docbook-apps] LaTeX + formulas & equations + graphics --> Dokbook + MathML + SVG

From: Dave Pawson <>
Date: Wed Oct 22 2008 - 02:39:51 PDT

2008/10/21 David Tolpin <>:
> Hi,
>> I found <installDirectory>/hyphen/ukhyphen.tex with entries such as
> yes, that's about right, but it is for the UK English hyphenation,
> while the default is for the American English, and they are different
> (essentially). This is a thing I forgot to mention - if you want the
> right hyphenation for your English, you should specify the right
> English explicitly.

Is this by setting xml:lang='en-GB' on the xsl-fo file?
or should that be en-UK?

>> There is also (bottom of the file)
>> \hyphenation{ % Do NOT make any alterations to this list! --- DW
>> uni-ver-sity
>> uni-ver-sit-ies
>> how-ever
>> ma-nu-script
>> ma-nu-scripts
>> re-ci-pro-city
>> through-out
>> some-thing}
>> Are these a 'specific' way to hyphenate some words?
>> But we shouldn't change these?
> Yes, these are; you should add new words to the list if you want to
> override pattern-based hyphenation. Someone DW does not want you to
> change the list, but you should not listen to him.

Oops. One for RenderX? That file hasn't been changed here.

OK, so this is where I add specific words, stating where
I want hyphenation.

Thanks David

Dave Pawson
Docbook FAQ.
in the body of the message to from the address
you are subscribed from.