Re: [xep-support] Interesting behaviours - maybe bugs, maybe not

From: Robert Goldsmith <robert.goldsmith@spgroup.co.uk>
Date: Fri Oct 10 2008 - 08:30:31 PDT

> Thanks for reporting, Robert,
>
> but may I ask you to provide sample documents where the two bugs /
> oddities appeared? Fake data, if necessary, and small, if possible.
> From your brief descriptions I cannot conclude that there is no bug
> in what you observe, so, discovering a bug with a sample document
> would be a great help.
>
> This list has size limits, so please place the files on the internet
> and post links here, or send the files to support@renderx.com.

Hi :)

I don't have an example of the image corruption on hand and as it may
only happen when you have a document of hundreds of pages or large
jpegs I don't really want to sit down and try and reproduce something
by hand I can send you. However, next time we process a large
datasource I'll do a quick run with the 'broken' xsl-fo and capture
everything you need to reproduce it in a zip file for you :)

The column oddities are easier to demonstrate and I've attached a 1k
zip of an xsl-fo which shows what I mean :) Unpack the zip and render
the xsl-fo and you will (hopefully) see white space where there should
be 'tickets'. The tickets have been bumped onto the next column or the
maintained. This example file is the output of an xsl template written
to generate 8-up labels of 4 lines per label. To prove the problem is
the blank fo:blocks, just put something (even just a '.' character) in
the empty nodes and things will render correctly.

Robert

"Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail"

IMPORTANT - this email and the information that it contains may be
confidential, legally privileged and/or protected by law. It is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately
and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose,
or store or copy the information in any medium (including by printing it out.
Please also delete all copies of this email and any attachments from your
system and shred any printed copies.
We do not accept any liability for losses or damages that you may suffer
as a result of your receipt of this email including but not limited to
computer service or system failure, access delays or interruption, data
non-delivery or mis-delivery, computer viruses or other harmful components.
Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender
except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of the SP Group.
Copyright in this email and any attachments belongs to the SP Group the sender or
its licensors.