Re: [xep-support] Using catalog resolver of XEP

From: Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net>
Date: Wed May 14 2008 - 10:02:29 PDT

Hi Dave,
A catalog resolver is needed by the XSL-FO processor when images are
involved. The XSLT step does not open the image files, so the catalog does
not come into play for those files. The XSLT just copies the fileref path
to the FO file. It is the XSL-FO processor that must open each image file
to incorporate it into the PDF, and the catalog would be used for that
occasion.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
bobs@sagehill.net