[xep-support] Bug? Narrow table columns, hyphenation, and alignment

From: Tommi Takkunen-Lauri <tommi.takkunen-lauri@kirjaamo.fi>
Date: Wed May 09 2007 - 05:18:13 PDT

Hi,

The following phenomenon looks like a bug to me. My environment is
DocBook V4.2 + standard style sheets (1.66.0) and XEP 4.9.

When I have narrow table columns and long product names in my document,
the product name must be written on two rows in the column. The
hyphenation works incorrectly in this situation. The first row seems to
be aligned as justified whereas the second row is justified left as
specified in the table definition. The result looks like this:

------------------
|T h e P r o d - |
|uctName |
| |
------------------

Whereas it should look like:

------------------
|TheProd- |
|uctName |
| |
------------------

The place of the hyphen and the text in the table cell are irrelevant,
this was just an example.

I suppose this is a XEP bug, because FOP can hyphenate the column just
like shown in the lower example.

Tommi Takkunen-Lauri
Kirjaamo Information
GSM +358 (0)40 592 5399
http://www.kirjaamo.fi

The information contained in this email and any attachment is
confidential and is intended only for the named addressee(s). If you are
not the named addressee(s), please notify the sender immediately and do
not disclose, copy or distribute the contents to any other person other
than the intended addressee(s).