Re: [xep-support] cover pages front and back

From: Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net>
Date: Fri Mar 30 2007 - 08:56:11 PST

Hello,
The DocBook XSL stylesheets currently don't provide direct support for covers, only front title pages. Covers can come in a variety of configurations, such as single-sheet for front and back, wrap-around with spine, or wrap-around without spine for saddle stitch. Text placement and graphics are highly individual, so it is hard to write a general-purpose stylesheet for all possible designs. Also, cover PDFs are often produced separately because their production process (color, heavier stock) may differ from the process for the book block.

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net