AW: [xep-support] PDf not rendered in Sun Solaris - Unix platform

From: <Ronald.Valersi@soplar.ch>
Date: Thu Dec 14 2006 - 08:02:27 PST

Hi,

this is a misunderstanding, this is not my issue.

This is what i wrote:
Problem description:
The embeded font's in the created PDF with XEP has encoding
"Identity-H".
How can i create PDF's with XEP with "Ansi" font-encoding?
I run XEP on Windows XP and use Windows standard fonts like Verdana and
Arial.

Comments:
I also use FOP-Renderer. By default FOP also creates PDF with encoding
"Identity-H". The solution with FOP to create "Ansi" encoded fonts is to
change the encoding of all fonts to "Ansi" first
(org.apache.fop.fonts.apps.TTFReader -enc ansi ..\..\fonts\arial.ttf
..\..\fonts\arial.xml). How is the solution with XEP?

Please let me know if this issue is in prozess and who is the contact
person or analyst!

Thanks, Ronald