Re: [xep-support] Farsi glyph forming and Farsi page numbers

From: W. Eliot Kimber <ekimber@innodata-isogen.com>
Date: Fri Oct 20 2006 - 07:18:39 PDT

Peter von Kaehne wrote:

> Secondly, I want Farsi/Arabic page numbers rather than latin script
> ones. How do I go about achieving this?

I don't know if XEP supports this (it should and I would be surprised if
it didn't) but the defined FO mechanism is that if you specify any
Unicode decimal digit-class character for the format= attribute of page
sequence, it will use those characters for rendering page numbers. The
Unicode specification has a pretty nice explanation of Arabic and Indic
digits here: http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode4.0.0/ch08.pdf

For example, you might do this:

<fo:page-sequence format="&#x0660;"/>

To use Arabic-Indic digits for page numbers.

Cheers,

E.

--
W. Eliot Kimber