Re: [xep-support] Image access when generating PDF

From: Werner Donné <werner.donne@re.be>
Date: Fri Oct 06 2006 - 01:25:52 PDT

Hi Sébastien,

I've done a test and XEP4.7 works as expected. It doesn't use the
If-Match and If-None-Match headers, but the If-Modified-Since.
This means that you have to manage the modification time of the
resource in your server and that you have to compare this with
the value in the header. If the resource wasn't modified you shouldn't
return a response body and the status code should be 304 (Not Modified).
Your GET service should be split in two calls to the database: the
first to fetch the last modification timestamp and, if necessary,
a second one where you fetch the contents of the resource.

Regards,

Werner.

--
Werner Donné  --  Re