Re: [xep-support] replacing tables with fo:block - fo:inline

From: Eliot Kimber <ekimber@innodata-isogen.com>
Date: Mon Jul 31 2006 - 08:14:47 PDT

Volodymyr Mykhailyk wrote:
> Hi,
> Actually I am not sure you will be able to do such work-around. It will
> take too much time, and can give no results.
> I think it better to increase memory size used by xep.

I agree that tables are really your only choice here. The only other
thing that might possibly work would be to use side floats for the stuff
on the edges.

You didn't say if each of your examples is coded as a single table or as
one giant table. If the latter then make each one a separate table: that
should produce a much lower memory load than one giant table (assuming
that XEP can free up a table's memory once it's been placed on a page).

Or break your job up into chunks that you can then concatenate together
after XEP processes them. Of course this will only work if you don't
need to do page number citations across chunk boundaries.

Cheers,

Eliot

--
W. Eliot Kimber