Re: [xep-support] Black text trapping and overprinting]

From: Jim Mott <jmott@pubdata.com>
Date: Thu Jul 20 2006 - 05:35:14 PDT

Franck,

I don't have an answer in relation to FO processing and RenderX. But I suspect that for now the solution to your needs lies in post-production treatment of the PDFs. That is, if you learn that RenderX has no features that help in this, you might want to check out products from Enfocus www.enfocus.com and similar pre-press tools for PDF. All the same, I too am interested in a solution to this problem using just FO processing, as would any enterprise producing PDFs from FO for traditional printing requiring color separations.

Jim Mott
Publishing Data Management, Inc.
New York

  -------- Original Message -------- Subject: Re: [xep-support] Black text trapping and overprinting