Re: [xep-support] Adjusting the pagenumbering within the intermediate format.

From: Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 09:05:16 PST

Peter Kester wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a possible way to adjust the generated pagenumbers in the intermediate format.
> If I generate a 10 page PDFdocument with a page range of 20 until 29, is it possible to add some text to the last 3 pagenumbers?
> Say for instance 27a 27b 27c in stead of 27 28 and 29.
> Can this be done in the intermediate format of XEP?

Yes, if you look at the Intermediate Format XML you will see that there
are 2 attributes on the xep:page element that relate to the page number;
page-number and page-id. The page-number must be a numeric value and
kept in consecutive order, within the XML file. The page-id is the
description of the page that will appear in the PDF or PS once the IF
XML is rendered. So you need to parse the XML and change the page-id.

Chris