RE: [xep-support] multi threaded access issue ?

From: Rob Stote <RStote@whitehilltech.com>
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 10:34:11 PST

Thanks David, but I don't believe Garbage collection is the issue. When I
disable the hyper-threading on the HT box I get an increase in performance
given the same number of threads (2). As when the Hyper-Threading was
enabled. Further, our second test machine, the 2 CPU, box is an extremley
powerful machine, both CPUs are Dual core Xeon, in excess of 3.0 Ghz each.
I have 2 Gigs of Ram on this box and the heap size is set to 1 Gig. During
memory analysis I have seen that my memeory usage "peaked" at apx 198MB, no
where close to the 1 Gig Limit I have set.

Thanks again

Rob