Re: [xep-support] Errors in PDF files generated from XEP

From: Carlos Villegas <cav@uniscope.jp>
Date: Wed Feb 01 2006 - 17:19:15 PST

Apart from using the XEP intermediate format as suggested by others, I
believe you can use the iText PDF library to do this. iText is a PDF
generation library but it has limited reading capabilities. We have used
it to do PDF postprocessing of XEP generated files like putting two
pages in one in landscape mode. For example to print two A5 pages in one
A4, but pairing them correctly, page 1 with 4, page 2 with 3, to print
in duplex mode. We also add watermarks and change PDF permissions. You
may ask in their mailing list, somebody may be able to help you if you
don't have a Java programmer in your staff.

Carlos