Re: [xep-support] Problem with large XML files

From: Neha Parab <neha_parab2003@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Jan 17 2006 - 12:22:27 PST

In addition to increasing heap size, try to optimize your code also. Try creating minimal XSL-FO objects in code. Like instead of creating multiple "tables" try handling code inside few tables. Try to remove all unwanted attributes.

  Thanks,

"Brian J. Butler" <bjbutler@bjbsoftware.com> wrote:
  Use the -Xmx switch in your Java invocation. For example,

java -Xmx1000M ...

This allocates 1GB heap space for your program.

BJB

Matthew Richardson wrote:

Hey all, I'm having a bit of trouble with XEP giving me a java.lang.OutOfMemoryError. The XML files I'm working with are quite large (26-50MB), but my server admin has allocated 2GB of RAM to the java runtime environment on a machine that has 4GB of RAM total. Am a bit confused as to why 2GB of RAM is insufficient for a 26MB file. Am I doing something else wrong? I'm cc-ing the server admin, as my role is primarily in XSLT development. Matthew Richardson, ICPSR ------------------- (*) To unsubscribe, send a message with words 'unsubscribe xep-support' in the body of the message to majordomo@renderx.com from the address you are subscribed from. (*) By using the Service, you expressly agree to these Terms of Service http://www.renderx.com/terms-of-service.html

-- Brian J. Butler BJB Software, Inc. 76 Bayberry Lane Holliston, MA 01746 E-mail: bjbutler@bjbsoftware.com Web: http://www.bjbsoftware.com Phone: 508-429-1441 Fax: 419-710-1867