Re: [xep-support] update and inline-graphic

From: Bob Stayton <bobs@sagehill.net>
Date: Mon Jan 16 2006 - 15:49:45 PST

I can respond to your second question about vertical alignment. An
inlinegraphic is in an FO line area, and the valign attribute is mapped to
the FO display-align property, which has no effect in a line area, only in a
block area. Normally a graphic's bottom edge is aligned to the text
baseline, and the line height expands to fit the graphic. You can change
the vertical position of an inline element with a baseline-shift property,
although there is no DocBook attribute that currently specifies such a
baseline shift. You could add a processing instruction to your imageobject,
perhaps, to specify such a baseline shift.

But then I'm not clear on what you mean by centering it vertically.
Centered relative to what? The baseline?

Bob Stayton
Sagehill Enterprises
DocBook Consulting
bobs@sagehill.net