[xep-support] PDF Output line spacing problem

From: Jason Marin <jasonm@usyd.edu.au>
Date: Tue Nov 15 2005 - 23:06:12 PST

Heya all,

I am a new user of XEP, and to date the technology has proven to be very
efficient and reliable in publishing our documents. However, recently I
have noticed an increasingly common problem occurring in the output of
the final PDF. Despite consulting our internal experts on the problem,
we haven't been able to decipher why XEP will produce a PDF against
valid XML, yet omit important line spacing between paragraphs, in what
appears to be a random occurrence. This is an intermittent problem, the
cause of which appears to be unidentifiable.
I would very much appreciate any comments, thoughts or advice that
anyone would be willing to make regarding this matter.
Thank you for taking the time to help me.

PS. I can provide an example of the XML file and XSL file that keeps
causing this problem. I have examined the XML to ensure that the
required tags are in place to insert a break, which they are. Despite
the existence of these valid tags, there still seems to be no spacing
between the paragraphs in the final output of the PDF.

Sincerely,
Jason