RE: [xep-support] Accessibity Mode and Spaces

From: Kevin Brown <kevin@renderx.com>
Date: Tue Nov 08 2005 - 16:37:01 PST

Steve/Dave:

I do not see this issue, maybe something else is going on here with
browser/setup/reader version? I have Acrobat 7 Reader and can browse to
this RenderX-generated PDF file (coincidentally this is our VPAT for 508!):

http://www.renderx.com/solutions/508_files/XEP%20VPAT.pdf

Copy/paste from here only shows that the line endings (as expected) have no
spaces, but there are spaces between the words for sure. Screen readers
have no problem with this file either.

Below is a copy-paste directly from this document into this e-mail (note the
line endings do not paste, but the text does with spaces):

(a) When software is designed to run on asystem that has a keyboard,
productfunctions shall be executable from akeyboard where the function
itself or theresult of performing a function can bediscerned textually.

Kevin Brown
RenderX, Inc.