Re: [xep-support] extract page numbers to create index in separate pdf file

From: <CRW150@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 11:14:51 PDT

--- "Brian J. Butler" <bjbutler@bjbsoftware.com> wrote:

> We do something similar by first rendering our source FO document to
> work file in the XEP intermediate format with a command like this:
> xep -valid -fo source.fo -at work.xep
>
> It is then straightforward to extract page numbers and references
> from
> the work file and use them to create your index.

I appreciate your help. I'm sorry, but this is not straightforward to
me. After creating the intermediate XEP file from the source fo file, I
don't know how to determine which <xep:target> element matches each
index entry from the original xml. This is why I was hoping to find a
complete example somewhere. Apparently I am just clueless.

Thanks for answering,
Susan