Re: [xep-support] extract page numbers to create index in separate pdf file

From: Brian J. Butler <bjbutler@bjbsoftware.com>
Date: Fri Oct 28 2005 - 06:12:43 PDT

We do something similar by first rendering our source FO document to a
work file in the XEP intermediate format with a command like this:
xep -valid -fo source.fo -at work.xep

It is then straightforward to extract page numbers and references from
the work file and use them to create your index.

Finally, render the intermediate file to PDF with a command like this:
xep -valid -xep work.xep dest.pdf

Regards,
BJB

--