Re: [xep-support] change of page sequence in a flow?

From: Dan Ochs <dan.ochs@gmail.com>
Date: Mon Oct 17 2005 - 21:36:22 PDT

I tried the PSMI and wrote my own implementation of a similar idea. I
found that the PSMI implementation required the psmi:page-sequence to
be directly underneath the fo:flow element, and in my case it would be
arbitrarily nested. I wrote an XSL that "splits" the xml into which
elements occur before the page-sequence reference, then I insert the
new page-sequence, and then I rebuild the tree for the xml that occurs
after the reference. (If anyone wants to see this I can post it. It
currently only processes the first page sequence reference it finds,
and I run it over and over until it can't find anymore references.)
In either the PSMI or my implementation case, I still have a problem.
When the foldout is referenced, I still want the rest of the document
on the page before the foldout to display normally. Meaning, I would
like the page flow to continue as normal, then whenever the next page
occurs, insert the foldout, and then continue back to the normal flow
on the next page after the foldout. (sort of like having an fo:float
occur on its own page, with the text flowing only on the previous and
current implementation is that the page before the foldout is cut off
prematurely because of the foldout reference, and the flow then
continues normally after the foldout reference. In the context of the
PSMI example.xml, I would want the "Next is portrait" text to actually
display on the page previous to the "<tbl orient="land">" element, and
then the "<tbl orient="land">" occurs at the next page in the flow,
whenever that occurs. Does this make sense? Is this possible in FO
at all? Are there renderX extensions that can do this?

thanks again, dan