[xep-support] Different performance on different systems

From: <uwe.goersch@lhsystems.com>
Date: Fri Sep 02 2005 - 02:56:16 PDT

Hi,

I am facing the following situation: When XEP renders a FO source into a PDF target, I am facing a bad performance on one system and an acceptable performance on the another system. The two systems are using different hardware, software and network infrastructure. However the FO source, the XEP version 3.8.4 server edition are the same. (Suprisingly) the hardware performance features on the system with the bad performance are better.

I measured
- 120 seconds of waiting time for the system with bad performance and
- 9 seconds of waiting time for the system with acceptable performance for executing the code marked by ***HERE*** in the output (snippet) generated by XEP.

(generate [1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13][14]***HERE***))

In order to find out the reason for the different behaviour, I would like to know what the XEP renderer is doing at this point of progress. Did anyone face similar problems or does anyone have a hint how to analyze this problem best?

Thank you very much in advance!

Best regards

Uwe Goersch

Uwe Görsch