[xep-support] merging multiple FO documents into PDF

From: Krystof Slaby <slaby@alsoft.cz>
Date: Wed Jul 20 2005 - 12:36:25 PDT

Hello,

we use XEP for semo time and we find it very useful.

For some reason we have to generate multiple documents from XML,
merge them and automaticaly deploy as single PDF.

There is information in user manual that XEP 3 can merge multiple FO documents
generating single PDF but there is nothing about it in manual to XEP 4 and
"even less" in manual to XEPWIN 4.

There are some options, but we prefer XEP to do the job.

Is there a way in XEPWIN 4 to concatenate multiple documents in one PDF?
Possible way would be generating multiple FO's, converting into multiple
XEP-intermediate-format-files, concatenate (how?) and generating PDF.

I have to stress that it is deployment of multiple documents, possibly with
different formating, definitaly with restarting of page (and marker) numbering.
This is the reason for not merging FO files.

Thanks in advance for answering.

--
Krystof Slaby, A && L soft, s.r.o.
Phone:   +420 284 862 333