Re: [xep-support] UnregisteredMIMETypeException: MIME type 'image/x-bmp'

From: Alexander Peshkov <peshkov@renderx.com>
Date: Mon Jul 18 2005 - 00:05:53 PDT

Hello Dan,

XEP does not support BMP images. For a list of supported graphic
formats please refer to the Section 5 of "XEP Reference".

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
RenderX

DUtc> Hello-

DUtc> I am having a problem using XEP 4.3 (the XEP Ant task), evaluation version
DUtc> when I try to render an image with the following XSL:FO. I created a test
DUtc> case which mimics the behavior I see in my larger XSL:FO document as well.
DUtc> This same exact code DOES work with FOP. FOP simply does a terrible job
DUtc> when rendering a document using the "<SPAN>" tag, so I am choosing what
DUtc> will hopefully be the lesser of two evils. ; )

DUtc> ...
DUtc> <fo:inline role="html:span">This is a test: <fo:external-graphic
DUtc> src="url('D:/work/fooproject\sig03537.bmp')" role="html:img"/></fo:inline>
DUtc> ...

DUtc> I receive the error:

DUtc> [xep] [error] Failed to create image
DUtc> file:/D:/work/fooproject/sig03537.bmp of type null
DUtc> [xep] [error] com.renderx.graphics.UnregisteredMIMETypeException:
DUtc> MIME type 'image/x-bmp' is not registered

DUtc> I have seen some mention of similar errors with svg, but I suppose my
DUtc> novice experience with XSL:FO and XSL in general have contributed in my
DUtc> lack of figuring out the solution.

DUtc> 1. What exact attribute(s), if any, would I need to add to the
DUtc> <fo:external-graphic /> tag to make XEP happy?
DUtc> 2. Is this a problem with the evaluation version only? Can I expect this
DUtc> to behave the same with the production version?

DUtc> Thanks in advance for your assistance and let me know if I should include
DUtc> the entire, pared down XSL:FO document.

DUtc> Also, in case the question arises, the XSL:FO document is being rendered
DUtc> using Antenna House's xhtml2fo.xsl stylesheet from an xhtml document for
DUtc> both of my test cases, hence the "html:img" in the XSL:FO.

DUtc> D

DUtc> Daniel A. Urbano
DUtc> Senior Software Engineer

DUtc> dan.urbano@tamgroup.com

DUtc> www.tamgroup.com

DUtc> TamGroup now offers IBM Global Services, Hosting Services, Disaster
DUtc> Recovery, and Education at special rates. Interested in learning more
DUtc> about Linux? TamGroup will install, educate, and mentor you on IBM's new
DUtc> OpenPower and Intel-based Linux solutions.
DUtc> TamGroup provides customers collaborative business integration software;
DUtc> builds portal and content management solutions; and implements secure,
DUtc> highly available server and storage infrastructures for medium to large
DUtc> enterprises. Contact TamGroup at 888-778-6088 or info@tamgroup.com