[xep-support] UnregisteredMIMETypeException: MIME type 'image/x-bmp'

From: <Dan.Urbano@tamgroup.com>
Date: Fri Jul 15 2005 - 12:09:03 PDT

Hello-

I am having a problem using XEP 4.3 (the XEP Ant task), evaluation version
when I try to render an image with the following XSL:FO. I created a test
case which mimics the behavior I see in my larger XSL:FO document as well.
 This same exact code DOES work with FOP. FOP simply does a terrible job
when rendering a document using the "<SPAN>" tag, so I am choosing what
will hopefully be the lesser of two evils. ; )

        <fo:inline role="html:span">This is a test: <fo:external-graphic
src="url('D:/work/fooproject\sig03537.bmp')" role="html:img"/></fo:inline>

I receive the error:

[xep] [error] Failed to create image
file:/D:/work/fooproject/sig03537.bmp of type null
[xep] [error] com.renderx.graphics.UnregisteredMIMETypeException:
MIME type 'image/x-bmp' is not registered

I have seen some mention of similar errors with svg, but I suppose my
novice experience with XSL:FO and XSL in general have contributed in my
lack of figuring out the solution.

1. What exact attribute(s), if any, would I need to add to the
<fo:external-graphic /> tag to make XEP happy?
2. Is this a problem with the evaluation version only? Can I expect this
to behave the same with the production version?

Thanks in advance for your assistance and let me know if I should include
the entire, pared down XSL:FO document.

Also, in case the question arises, the XSL:FO document is being rendered
using Antenna House's xhtml2fo.xsl stylesheet from an xhtml document for
both of my test cases, hence the "html:img" in the XSL:FO.

Daniel A. Urbano
Senior Software Engineer

dan.urbano@tamgroup.com

www.tamgroup.com

TamGroup now offers IBM Global Services, Hosting Services, Disaster
Recovery, and Education at special rates. Interested in learning more
about Linux? TamGroup will install, educate, and mentor you on IBM's new
OpenPower and Intel-based Linux solutions.
TamGroup provides customers collaborative business integration software;
builds portal and content management solutions; and implements secure,
highly available server and storage infrastructures for medium to large
enterprises. Contact TamGroup at 888-778-6088 or info@tamgroup.com