[xep-support] Special characters

From: Dan Vint <dvint@dvint.com>
Date: Thu Apr 21 2005 - 18:44:21 PDT

What has to happen to make sure that the typical ISO entity set characters
are supported (i.e. that they will print)?

I have defined an entity as rarr and mapped it to a value of &#x2192; in my
DTD. From what I can see this is the proper Unicode value for the right
facing arrow. Arbortext displays this character properly in the document
but when I process with XEP there is nothing in the output and no errors or
warnings.

I would really like to have all the standard entity names work.

Note that I'm not doing anything tricky with fonts, I refer to the generic
font families (serif/sanserief) so I hopped this would be a default
situation. It would also be nice if there was a character not being printed
that there was some warning displayed to give you a heads up to go look for
a problem.

..dan
Danny Vint

Specializing in Panoramic Images of California and the West
http://www.dvint.com

voice: 510-522-4703