Re: [xep-support] RenderX features

From: Jirka Kosek <jirka@kosek.cz>
Date: Thu Apr 14 2005 - 01:48:05 PDT

Johannes Stuermer wrote:

> We are evaluating RenderX as a possible alternative to FOP. It would be very
> helpful to hear from someone who has used both and can give us an assessment
> on the capabilities of RenderX vs. FOP. i.e. features that XEP has that FOP
> doesn't etc.

If you must use other fonts then standard provided by PDF format and you
use characters outside of ISO-8859-1 character set, these characters
can't be copy-pasted and searched when PDF is generated by FOP. With XEP
you will not have such problems.

And there are many other problems with FOP, some of them mentioned on
other posts.

                                        Jirka