Re: [xep-support] keep-with-next problem

From: Alexander Peshkov <peshkov@renderx.com>
Date: Fri Mar 25 2005 - 02:13:28 PST

Hello Harm,

Unexpected behavior is caused by the empty fo:blocks like this one:
  <fo:block keep-with-next="always" id="Ow5.1.10"/>
Due to some peculiarity in keep processing in XEP empty block may
cause keeps to be applied to preceding element, in this particular
case previous block is glued to the image title. Therefore formatter
moves image to the next page since it can't satisfy all constraints.
As a workaround you should either remove this block completely or put
empty leader inside of it like this:
  <fo:block keep-with-next="always" id="Ow5.1.10"><fo:leader/></fo:block>

Sorry for inconvenience.

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
RenderX