Re: AW: [xep-support] Problem with image-base-url and svg

From: Chris Bowditch <bowditch_chris@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Mar 10 2005 - 06:54:08 PST

Werner.Koch@bit.admin.ch wrote:

Just to summarise: you are streaming XSLT result as SAX events to XEP Content
Handler.

<snip/>

Below is part of code where XEP Content Handler is created:

> private ContentHandler getXepContentHandler(Environment env,
> ByteArrayOutputStream baos)
> throws RM90Exception
> {
> ContentHandler result = null;
> StreamSource config = new StreamSource(
>
> this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream(BordereauResolver.XEP_C
> ONFIG_FILE_URL));
>
> config.setSystemId("resource:/ch/admin/bit/edec/core/services/documents/inte
> rnal/utilxml/xep.xml");
> try
> {
> if(this.m_xepFormatter == null)
> {
> Properties p = new Properties();
> p.put("ROOT",
> "resource:/ch/admin/bit/edec/core/services/documents/internal/utilxml/");
> this.m_xepFormatter =
> new FormatterImpl(config, p,
> com.renderx.xep.lib.Logger.NULL_LOGGER);
> }
>

> result = this.m_xepFormatter.createContentHandler(
> BordereauResolver.INPUT_FILE_NAME, new FOTarget(baos, "PDF"));

The key line is above. According to XEP API doc, the first argument to the
createContentHandler method is the systemId that XEP usually requires to avoid
seeing "image base not specified" errors. Perhaps someone from RenderX can
confirm whether or not this is a bug. It looks correct to me, but we use API
slightly differently, i.e. by calling FormatterImpl.render method, where
passing systemId as an argument appears to work.

> }
> catch(ConfigurationException ce)
> {
>
> env.getLoggingContext().getBusinessLogger().error(XEP_CONFIGURATION_EXCEPTIO
> N, ce);
> throw new RM90Exception(XEP_CONFIGURATION_EXCEPTION, ce);
> }
>
> return result;
> }

<snip/>