[xep-support] Re: RenderX oXygen Error

From: Oxygen XML Editor support <support@oxygenxml.com>
Date: Tue Feb 15 2005 - 02:36:21 PST

Hello,

Thank you for letting us know about this problem.

When you configure XEP as external FO processor in <oXygen/> you have to
use a startup script for a Linux/Unix machine instead of the file
readme.txt. Please see attached a script that we used successfully for a
Docbook PDF transformation with XEP 4.0 on a Linux machine. Copy this
file to your XEP installation directory (the directory where you have
the files readme.txt and xep.bat). When you press the "Browse & Add"
button in the FO Processors page available in Preferences the file
chooser dialog has a filter for the file xep.sh already set. Select the
file xep.sh. Edit the new entry created in the table of FO processors
(called XEP by default) and set the working directory to the directory
where you have XEP installed ( probably /usr/local/RenderX/XEP/ ). Also
in the file xep.sh replace the name of the directory where XEP is
installed on my machine (/home/sorin/xep-4.0/ ) with your install
directory (probably /usr/local/RenderX/XEP/ ). In the transformation
scenario you have to select XEP as FO processor.

Please let us know if you have other difficulties.

Maybe the RenderX guys will think about adding a similar Linux/Unix
script to their install kit. That would make life easier for such users.

Best regards,
Sorin

http://www.oxygenxml.com/

Ray Miller wrote:

>docbookDTD=4.4b2 docbookXSL=1.67-2 vm=1.5.0_01 os=fc2 ide=oXygen-5.1 fo=XEP
>Desktop-4.2 Evaluation
>
>Options | Preferences | FO Processors | Browse and Add XEP
>
>Edited the fo stylesheet to xep.extensions = 1
>
>Receive the following oXygen transformation error:
>
>E The process ended with code : -1234567 The error was :
>java.io.IOException: /usr/local/RenderX/XEP/readme.txt: cannot execute
>
>File exists with 0644 permissions ( it is a text file ...)
>
>Please advise.

#!/bin/sh
# This batch file encapsulates a standard XEP call.
CP=/home/sorin/xep-4.0/lib/xep.jar:/home/sorin/xep-4.0/lib/saxon.jar:/home/sorin/xep-4.0/lib/xt.jar
java -classpath $CP -DCONFIG=/home/sorin/xep-4.0/xep.xml com.renderx.xep.XSLDriver $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6 $7 $8 $9
CP=