RE: [xep-support] Masterpage for chapter start

From: Martin Holmes <mholmes@uvic.ca>
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 08:58:06 PST

Hi there,

In your code below (for which many thanks -- I'm just addressing the same
issue!), does this:

    initial-page-number="auto"

mean that each chapter continues page numbering where the last one left off?

Cheers,
Martin

>===== Original Message From Chris Cosentino <ccosenti@cisco.com> =====
>Hello Henk,
>
>I do the same thing, here is how I do it:.
>
>First, you need to set up an additional page sequence, for instance:
>
> <!-- Page Sequences -->
> <!-- Chapter with special first page -->
> <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="chapters">
> <fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
> <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
page-position="first" master-reference="chapterfirst"/>
> <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
odd-or-even="odd" master-reference="oddLayout"/>
> <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
odd-or-even="even" master-reference="evenLayout"/>
> </fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
> </fo:page-sequence-master>
>
> <!-- Standard left/right -->
> <fo:page-sequence-master master-name="oddEven">
> <fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
> <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
odd-or-even="odd" master-reference="oddLayout"/>
> <fo:conditional-page-master-reference
odd-or-even="even" master-reference="evenLayout"/>
> </fo:repeatable-page-master-alternatives>
> </fo:page-sequence-master>
>
>Then, for the template that matches your chapters, you call something
>like the following:
>
> <xsl:template match="document/chapter">
> <fo:page-sequence master-reference="chapters" initial-page-number="auto"
format="1" force-page-count="end-on-even">