[xep-support] High availability for XEP 4.1 Enmasse Access Point

From: Gregor Rothfuss <grothfus@digitas.com>
Date: Wed Feb 09 2005 - 14:57:07 PST

Hey,

We are using XEP 4.1 with enmasse on windows, and it's working nicely.

Just this week, we saw connection errors in our application log:

FATAL_E (2005-02-08) 14:15.31:733 [core.xslt-processor] (/someurl)
TP-Processor112/TraxErrorHandler: Error in TraxTransformer:
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: XEPRenderFarmSerializer - XEP Render Farm
Access Point: IO Exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection
refused: connect
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: XEPRenderFarmSerializer - XEP Render Farm
Access Point: IO Exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection
refused: connect
        at
org.apache.xalan.transformer.TransformerImpl.transformNode(TransformerIm
pl.java:1339)

We wrote our own cocoon serializer that talks to the access point over
the network (the access point is on the same machine). From the log
entry alone, we do not know whether it was the access point or XEP that
refused the connection.

These connection problems made us wonder what the options are to
increase availability of the XEP access point.

Is it possible to have a hot spare around?

How do others deal with this?

Any pointers appreciated,

-gregor

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss | VP, Architect, Technology | D I G I T A S
800 Boylston Street | Boston, MA  02199