Re: [xep-support] error rendering with DOM-Document

From: Michael Smith <msmith@speedlegal.com>
Date: Sun Feb 06 2005 - 15:20:28 PST

Kurt Spescha wrote:
> Hi,
>
> using the rendering method passing org.w3c.dom.Document
>
> public void write(FoDocument foDocument, OutputStream pdfStream) throws
> Exception {
> com.renderx.xep.gen.backends.H4PDF printer = new
> com.renderx.xep.gen.backends.H4PDF(pdfStream);
> com.renderx.xep.Driver.render(foDocument.getDocument(),
> printer);
> com.renderx.xep.Driver.cleanup();
> }
>
> causes an error after validating OK (see below). I can't see where the
> problem can be. (for the FO see attachment)
>
> 2005-02-04 11:43:55.723000000 - [system-id untitled](validate
> [validation OK])(compile
> {?Invalid element in anonymous namespace: 'fo:root'; element skipped}
> )(format )(generate [output-format pdf]))

 From this error message, I'd guess that you've parsed your XML into a
DOM Document using a parser which a) doesn't support namespaces, or b)
has namespace support turned off (most likely the latter).

This would (I'd guess) mean that the parser would see no namespaces at
all (hence 'anonymous namespace') and an element called 'fo:root'. An
XSL:FO document is required to have a root element called 'root' in the
appropriate (non-anonymous) namespace.

I haven't tested this, but it looks pretty plausible.

Mike