Re: [xep-support] Hyphenation

From: Alexander Peshkov <peshkov@renderx.com>
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 03:49:16 PST

Hello Steve,

You are right - there are no means in XSL-FO to selectively prevent
hyphenation over the page boundaries. You can only turn hyphenation
on/off. Depending on your document structure you could 'localize'
page-break areas using keeps and turn hyphenation off in these areas.
However I believe that this workaround applicable only in very limited
number of cases. You may want to communicate your requirements to the
XSL-FO working group as a possible new feature for the next versions
of the specification.

Best regards,
Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
RenderX