Re: [xep-support] [docbook-apps] Internal document links - best practices?

From: David Tolpin (dvd@davidashen.net)
Date: Fri Oct 22 2004 - 02:00:45 PDT

    Susan Korgen:
    > I appreciate your response very much. I provided some answers, inline,
    > below......
    >
    > At 03:10 AM 10/22/2004 +0500, you wrote:
    > >Do you a link from one PDF file to another one to work when
    > >the file is opened in Acrobat Reader?
    >
    > Yes, this is what we want.

    As it is explained in the documentation (Reference, note for
    'external-destination' attribute), you should use explicit file:
    scheme.

    ulink url="file:other.pdf"

    will generated a link to the other pdf which works directly from
    Acrobat Reader.

    > Can you give me some idea of what's involved? Is the "remote" case a
    > straightforward variation on the "local" case, or ......?

    Acrobat Reader cannot open remote files as PDF links; it can only
    do it through an external browser, in which case you should not
    use file: url scheme, but the actual scheme instead, http: or
    just relative, and you must have browser configured.

    David Tolpin