RE: [xep-support] Is this error a Saxon error or XEP error?

From: Jez Brewster (jezbrewster@datamonitor.com)
Date: Wed Oct 20 2004 - 12:42:15 PDT

    Hank

    The error "xsl:param must be the first element within a template" is an XSLT error (not an error with with an XSL-FO engine such as RenderX's XEP) that will be displayed by any XSLT processor (such as Saxon and others - though you indicate that you did not have this error with Saxon 6.5).

    There are certain rules to which XSLT stylesheets must adhere. The position of <xsl:param...> elements is one of those rules.

    Are you using an <xsl:param...> element where you should be using a <xsl:with-param...>? XSLT processors typically display this message when a <xsl:with-param...> is what you need to use.

    Have a look on the w3.org website at the following URL for more info on the correct use of xsl:params

    http://www.w3.org/TR/xslt#variables

    Regards

    Jez