[xep-support] Erratic behaviour in footnote

From: Nicholas Gledhill (ngledhill@usyd.edu.au)
Date: Thu Oct 07 2004 - 16:15:17 PDT

    I agree that examples would help - however I did have a similar problem
    with images of mine in floats, where half or more of the image seemed to
    be missing in some may. It turned out to be a mixture of the fact that I
    had explicitly said that the backgound should be 'white' instead of
    transparent or nothing, and the z-order in which the different elements
    were rendered.

    Check whether or not you are explicitly setting the background colour...
    if you aren't then it's a different problem.

    The appearance of these 'holes' is erratic, but seems to be
    function of how close the footnotes are placed to one another. Is this
    an
    inheritance issue? a bug in XEP? (large blocks of text work as I
    expected),
    or am I just being silly trying to use footnote as a bottom of page
    float
    area?

    Thanks in advance for any comments ...