Re: [xep-support] fo:table-footer?

From: Chris Bowditch (bowditch_chris@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Oct 05 2004 - 04:26:32 PDT

    David Tolpin wrote:
    > Hi Marc,
    >
    > what are you going to use repeatable fo:table-footer for?

    fo:table-footer is of limited use in XSL 1.0. Sometimes its useful to show the
    column titles again, if for example the document consists of a large amount of
    table data when the reader is the near the bottom of the page it is useful to
    be reminded of the column names.

    However, its real use is in XSL 1.1, where its contents can contain subtotals
    or continued on next page messages using markers. We have encountered a number
    of applications where this feature would be useful. I would like to see
    RenderX adding XSL 1.1 features to XEP in the near future.

    Chris