[xep-support] XEP and Saxon8

From: Geurt Lagemaat (Lagemaat@oriana-automatisering.com)
Date: Thu Sep 30 2004 - 01:25:50 PDT

    I'm trying to modify my existing (and working) XEP installation to work with
    Saxon8.

    This what I have done:
    1-Replaced saxon.jar by saxon8.jar.
    2-Modified transform.bat, run.bat, xep.bat and validate.bat to read: "set
    CP="C:\XEP\lib\xep38_client.jar;C:\XEP\lib\cryptix32.jar;C:\XEP\lib\cryptix3
    2-pgp.jar;C:\XEP\lib\saxon8.jar;C:\XEP\lib\xt.jar"

    I'm running XEP with:
    C:\XEP\transform.bat -xml c:\projects\test.xml -xsl mystylesheet.xsl -out
    mypdf.pdf -format PDF

    With this setup I get the following error:
    Error on line 1 of file:/C:/projects/test.xml
      Error reported by XML parser: Document root element is missing.
    Incorrect structure of XML data: net.sf.saxon.xpath.DynamicError:
    org.xml.sax.SA
    XParseException: Document root element is missing.

    Strange thing is that it did work with saxon.jar. I do miss something, but
    what? Any ideas?

    Regards,

    Geurt Lagemaat
    Oriana Automatisering