[xep-support] Question about footnotes

From: Peter Kester (peter.kester@daidalos.nl)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 02:05:54 PDT

    Hello fellow XEP users,

    I hav a question about footnotes.
    What do I hav to do if I want to put the footnote nr in super script but
    dont want the line distance to change for lines which contain footnotes.

    What I mean is the following.
    We are using the settings line-height 9.5 pt and font-size 8 pt. This means
    that all lines lay on a certain grid. When I come across a footnote the
    footnote nr gets superscripted. This causes the line-height to change. (It
    becomes greather than the given 9.5pt)
    This means that all lines below the line containing the footnote are "off
    grid". If you look at the printed page (double sided) you can see a
    difference between the lines on the front and the back.

    How can I prevent that from happening and still have the footnote number
    superscripted?

    Thanx in advance,

    Peter Kester