Re: [xep-support] Urgent: XEP OpenType Font problems, encoding, ordering, supplement??

From: Alexander Peshkov (peshkov@renderx.com)
Date: Tue Aug 31 2004 - 04:29:18 PDT

    Hello Peter,

    As it's stated in our documentation, current version of XEP has
    limited support for OpentType fonts. Properties 'adobe-encoding',
    'adobe-ordering', 'adobe-supplement' are determined by Adobe for each
    font and it's up to the font owner to provide those values. Note also
    that XEP is a Java program, it is platform independent and does not
    use font facilities provided by operating system (Windows in your case).
    Extended support for OpentType fonts will be implemented in the XEP
    version 4 that will be available in a few months.

    Best regards,
    Alexander Peshkov mailto:peshkov@renderx.com
    RenderX

    PK> Hi all,

    PK> We've got a problem regarding XEP and OpenType fonts.

    PK> We have an OTF font called Minion Pro on a WindowsXP-Pro Machine. We try to
    PK> use this one within XEP. But then te problem occures. What do we have to
    PK> fill in values for the 3 attributes:

    PK> - adobe-encoding

    PK> - adobe-ordering

    PK> - adobe-supplement

    PK> XEP manual is pretty vague about this. We have no clue what the XEP engine
    PK> does with this information.

    PK> We have no clue what values are required.

    PK> Example:

    PK> ttf="C:\WINDOWS\Fonts\MinionPro-Regular.otf"

    PK> adobe-encoding="Unicode" <---- ???

    PK> adobe-ordering="Latin1" <---- ???

    PK> adobe-supplement="1" <---- ???

    embed="false">>